1. This rather vague reading of Chomsky is based on limited contact, and reflects more an interpretation of his thought as presented in the question for this paper, than a genuine acquaintance with his approach.
2. Wilfrid Sellars, Empiricism and the Philosophy of Mind, p.148.
3. Sellars, pp.161-162.
4. Sellars, p.176.
5. W.V.Quine, in his reply to Noam Chomsky concerning Word and Object, p.306.
6. Sellars, footnote 1 on p.169.
7. Noam Chomsky, “Quine’s Empirical Assumptions”, a criticism of W.V.Quine’s Word and Object, p.64.